Is Email Marketing Still Worth Using?
With so many ways to interact with potential customers online, many are still asking the question: “Is Email Marketing Still Worth Using?” As a matter of fact, yes! It’s still a useful tool to attract prospects and retain customers. People use their email every single day and it is one the.
Even with the increased use of social media platforms by millions and billions of people who use them, all around the world businesses are still using email marketing. It is one of the most popular ways to connect with their customers. Here you will find five email marketing strategies to help enhance your email marketing strategy.
1. Email is cost-effective. Email marketing compared to traditional marketing is highly cost-effective. How? No need to buy stamps, no promotional fees, and no printing costs. It’s a low-cost way to keep in touch with your customers and nurture prospects.
The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) estimates that the return on investment for email marketing is that for every $1 dollar spent will net you approximately $40. That’s not too bad considering may have only a small list of 250 subscribers.
2. Targeted. Email increases your marketing campaigns since your message is directed at the people who want to hear about your products or use your services. This saves the company a lot of time and money. In traditional marketing, this was not always the case. Business owners placed their advertising basically anywhere they could be seen and hoped the right people would see it and respond. This left businesses with little to no control of their marketing.
Email marketing allows the business owner to direct who gets to see what through email list segmentation. For example, everyone on your email list may not be interested in all your products so, you show the products to select individuals based on their preferences. This allows the business owner to customize their message to each person on their list. It’s a win-win for all parties involved and for this reason, your conversion rates will increase exponentially.
3. Increased brand awareness. A welcome message series sent to your new subscribers builds brand awareness. It gives you an opportunity to showcase what your business offers and how it can help meet the needs of your subscribers. It’s also a chance for your subscribers to voice their opinions or concerns about a product or service you provide making them feel good about being a part of your tribe or community.
Email marketing is a direct way to communicate with your engaged audience. After all, they signed up for your list because they saw or heard something they like. So, don’t take this opportunity lightly, as it affords you the luxury of providing value to your audience on a regular basis. This keeps your brand front and center.
4. Distribution at scale. It’s simple and easy to share email. You can send out a broadcast email at the click of a button. And your subscribers can share that same email with family, friends, and associates on their lists as well. And as such, put your message and brand in front of people who are not even on your list. Which is a highly effective way of increasing your brand’s awareness amongst many.
5. Systems of measurement. No business should start an email marketing campaign without tracking its results. Measuring your marketing campaigns will give you an insight into your open rates, conversions, click-thru rates (CTRs), spam complaints, bounce rates, email shares, and forwarding rates. These systems of measurement will give you insight into your customer’s behaviors and the things they like or don’t like.
Email marketing is here to stay. More than 100 trillion emails are sent and received every year and that number is expected to rise. According to research studies, by the year 2023, email send will reach an unprecedented 126.7 trillion. That’s a lot of emails. And that’s not all. More than 90 percent of emails sent comes from Americans 15 years and older. It has become a way of life for most.
For this reason, it’s time to take your email marketing to another level. Need help with your email marketing campaigns? Contact us now for a FREE Consultation. We can help.